The NFP Facility provides information services in order to: strengthen and streamline knowledge based on national forest programme (nfp) implementation worldwide and make this knowledge available where and when it is needed; improve networking at the international level on nfp issues; provide information on how NFP Facility support can be obtained and make the outcomes of this support available.
The NFP Facility proposes the following major information services:
- Online forest information platform with an overview of nfps and specific country information (including the evaluation of the nfp processes)
- Learning processes (regional workshops, consultations, networks to share experiences and lessons learnt of the implementation of nfp processes)
- e-forum discussions ("forest and water" in Central America and Carribean)
- Training workshop modules on nfps ("Nfp's for All", conflict resolution, stakeholder participation, financing mechanisms for sustainable forest management
- Information on the NFP Facility (Flyer , Procedures)